Enjoy a Western Quebec’s best canoeing experience with an overnight paddle adventure on the Noire River. Book your trip online to experience the beautiful scenery!
OTTAWA RIVER RAFTING DAY TRIP
- Adult Ages 12+
- Youth Ages 7 to 11
- Add Extra Person for FREE! Add an extra person for free for every 6 people you book
DOUBLE YOUR FUN WITH ESPRIT! ESPRIT OFFERS YOU TWICE THE RAPIDS AND TWICE THE FUN FOR THE SAME PRICE!
The Ottawa River “Two-Channel” day trip includes 1 full day of rafting on both channels of the river, 1 riverside lunch, all safety equipment, 14 ft. self-bailing rafts, internationally certified guides, complimentary après rafting beer, juice or soft drink. During the spring (until June 15), wetsuits are included in the price of your trip.
Featuring great Canadian wilderness and spectacular high volume rapids, the Esprit “Two-Channel” day trip will take you down both the Calumet (Middle) and Rocher Fendu (Main) channels of the Ottawa River. Only Esprit offers you both channels of the Ottawa River in the same day. That means twice the rapids, twice the adventure, twice the excitement and twice the FUN!
NEW Covid-19 Kit included in your trip cost! Every guest will receive an Esprit Non Medical Face Mask to be worn during bus transport, locally made hand sanitizer, souvenir pen, and COMPLEMENTARY PHOTOS!
In the morning, we will challenge the rapids of the Calumet (Middle) Channel which features Garvin’s Chute (a 5m high waterfall) and the roller coaster waves of Lower Ostrom’s. Surf’s up at Butterfly rapid as we slide our 14 ft. rafts onto the wave face for an exhilarating front surf. Between rapids, you can cool things down body surfing in the swift moving currents. At the end of the Calumet (Middle) Channel enjoy a healthy riverside lunch while your equipment is being loaded onto our shuttle vehicles to bring you back to the put in for your second descent.
In the afternoon, we will pack in plenty of action on the Rocher Fendu (Main) Channel riding the crashing waves of The Lorne, Butcher’s Knife, Norman’s and Coliseum – an array of world class whitewater. Featuring towering waves, the majority of the river’s volume surges through this channel. After the trip, celebrate the day with an ice cold beverage. The first round is on us!
- 8:30am: Meet your guides and fellow adventurers at “Chez Kim”.
Note: If you are staying at Esprit’s basecamp the night before, you will meet at 7:45 am in the dining hall.
- 9:00am: Safety briefing and instruction given enroute to put-in
- 9:30am: Begin rafting on the Middle channel of the Ottawa River
- 12:15pm: Lunch
- 1:00pm: Transport back to put-in
- 1:30pm: Begin rafting on the Main channel of the Ottawa River
- 4:30pm: Take out and return for photo and video presentation of your day
Note: Trip timing may vary depending on water levels
What’s included in your trip
- 1 full day of rafting on both channels of the river
- 1 riverside lunch, all safety equipment
- Internationally certified guides
- Complimentary après rafting beverage
- Wetsuits (until June 15)
- NEW Air Medic emergency evacuation insurance
- NEW Covid-19 Kit included in your trip cost! Every guest will receive an Esprit Non Medical Face Mask to be worn during bus transport, locally made hand sanitizer, souvenir pen, and COMPLEMENTARY PHOTOS!
What to Bring
All your mandatory safety equipment is provided for you, therefore, all you need to bring with you are some personal items to help make your day even more enjoyable. We recommend that you bring a pair of shoes or sandals to wear on the river (they will get wet!), your swimsuit and/or shorts, sunscreen, water bottle, towel and a change of clothes.
If you are joining us during the early spring (April & May), we highly recommend that you bring an extra fleece or wool sweater, fleece socks and running shoes (versus sandals) for extra thermal layering under your wetsuit.
Customize your experience with Esprit by adding any of the following options:
|Shuttle||Ottawa/Gatineau same-day round-trip shuttle
Pembroke one-way shuttle
Fort-Coulonge one-way shuttle
|Accommodations||Camping (bring your own tent)
Platform tent rental
$25/night ($10 linen rental)
Gourmet wood-oven pizza dinner
|Photos/videos||Photo package (free during 2020 season)||Complimentary|