Raft both channels of the Ottawa River, Canada’s most famous whitewater river! The best way to experience the Canadian wilderness and enjoying exhilarating high volume rapids.
OTTAWA RIVER RIVERBOARDING DAY TRIP
- Adult Ages 12+
- Add Extra Person for FREE! Add an extra person for free for every 6 people you book
Riverboarding on the Ottawa River
Armed with your riverboard, flippers, helmet and lifejacket you will follow your guide into the heart of the rapids. Pioneered in New Zealand and on the Zambezi River, Africa. Riverboarding is the newest and most “in your face” way to experience whitewater. The trip will challenge, depending on water levels, either the Rocher Fendu Channel, the Calumet Channel or both! In spring floods, the Calumet Channel serves up delicious surfing holes and fantastic play spots which will help fine tune your maneuvering skills. In summer water levels, the Rocher Fendu channel provides thrilling big-volume riverboarding with towering waves and exciting rollercoaster-style rapids.
This day trip includes 1 full day of riverboarding on both channels of the river, 1 riverside lunch, all safety equipment, internationally certified guides, complimentary après riverboarding beer, juice, or soft drink. Wetsuits included prior to June 15.
- 8:30 am – Meet your guides and fellow adventurers at “Le Café de l’île”.
Note: If you are staying at Esprit’s basecamp the night before, you will meet at 7:45 am in the dining hall.
- 9:00 am – Safety briefing and instruction given on route to put-in
- 9:30 am – Begin riverboarding on the middle channel of the Ottawa River
- 12:15 pm – Lunch
- 1:00 pm – Transport back to put-in
- 1:30 pm – Begin riverboarding on the main channel of the Ottawa River
- 4:30 pm – Take out and return for a photo and video presentation of your day
Note: Trip timing may vary depending on water levels
What’s included in your trip
- 1 full day of riverboarding on both channels of the river
- 1 riverside lunch
- All safety equipment
- Wetsuits included prior to June 15
- Internationally certified guides
- Local transportation
- Complimentary après rafting beverage
- “NEW” Air Medic emergency evacuation insurance
- NEW Covid-19 Kit included in your trip cost! Every guest will receive an Esprit Non Medical Face Mask to be worn during bus transport, locally made hand sanitizer, souvenir pen, and COMPLEMENTARY PHOTOS!
What to Bring
All your mandatory safety equipment is provided for you, therefore, all you need to bring with you are some personal items to help make your day even more enjoyable. We recommend that you bring a pair of shoes or sandals to wear on the river (they will get wet!), socks to avoid chafing inside your flippers, your swimsuit and/or shorts, sunscreen, water bottle, towel and a change of clothes.
If you are joining us during the early spring (April & May), we highly recommend that you bring an extra fleece or wool sweater, fleece socks and running shoes (versus sandals) for extra thermal layering under your wetsuit.
Customize your experience with Esprit by adding any of the following options:
|Shuttle||Ottawa/Gatineau same-day round-trip shuttle||$25|
Additional nights of accommodation:
Camping (bring your own tent)
Platform tent rental
|Photos/videos||Photo package||$75 (*save $25 if purchased at time of reservation)|