Raft both channels of the Ottawa River, Canada’s most famous whitewater river! The best way to experience the Canadian wilderness and enjoying exhilarating high volume rapids.
2-DAY COULONGE RIVER TRIP
- Two Day Trip
- Adults Ages 12+
- Youth Ages 7 to 11
- Add Extra Person for FREE! Book 6 people and add the 7th person for free!
Canoe the Coulonge in Davidson, QC
The Coulonge river flows through classic Canadian Shield scenery. From the river’s source in La Vérendrye Park to the confluence with the Ottawa River, it drops nearly 250m as it cascades over a series of thunderous waterfalls and wanders through runable, rock studded rapids.
Nearly 300 million years ago, fault lines scored huge channels deep into the rock as the earth cooled. The Coulonge River follows the path of one of these faults. During our two days (or 3) on the Coulonge, we will explore the section of river from Rapids Enrage to the Les Chutes Coulonge. Featuring ledge style drops with deep channel runs, the whitewater on the Coulonge River provides excellent opportunities for you to learn new skills and gain confidence canoeing class I-II rapids.
- 7:00 am: Breakfast
- 8:30 am: Pack and depart for river
- 10:00 am – 5:00 pm: Canoeing along the Coulonge River
- 6:00 pm: Dinner at campsite
- 8:00 am: Breakfast
- 10:00 am: Canoeing along the Coulonge River
- 1:00 pm: Take out return to Esprit
- Departure from Esprit
Note: Trip timing may vary depending on water levels
- 2 days of canoeing
- 1 night camping at Esprit’s lodge
- 2 nights camping on the river
- 2 breakfasts
- 2 riverside lunches
- 2 dinners
- all safety and paddling equipment
- internationally certified guides
- local transportation
- complimentary après canoeing beer, juice or soft drink
- “NEW” Air Medic emergency evacuation insurance
- NEW Covid-19 Kit included in your trip cost! Every guest will receive an Esprit Non Medical Face Mask to be worn during bus transport, locally made hand sanitizer, souvenir pen, and COMPLEMENTARY PHOTOS!
What to Bring
All your mandatory safety equipment is provided for you. Therefore, all you need to bring with you are some personal items to help make your day even more enjoyable.
Customize your experience with Esprit by adding any of the following options:
|Accommodations||Hostel upgrade for arrival night at Esprit||$15.00/night|
|Additional accommodations||Camping (bring your own tent)
Platform tent rental
|Emergency evacuation insurance (Quebec trips only)||Esprit and Air Medic ground and air||$5.00/day contact us for group rates|