Raft both channels of the Ottawa River, Canada’s most famous whitewater river! The best way to experience the Canadian wilderness and enjoying exhilarating high volume rapids.
MAGNETAWAN RIVER DAY TRIP
- Adult Ages 12+
- Add Extra Person for FREE! Add an extra person for free for every 6 people you book
Whitewater Rafting on the Magnetawan River
Located off Highway 124, between Sundridge and Parry Sound, (3 hours from Toronto), the Mag is an exciting early spring rafting experience offering high volume, technical class III-IV whitewater.
The first river to open for paddling in eastern Canada, rafters can enjoy the surging water levels while the dam is releasing for the smelt run.
Our day on the water includes a 4-5 hour descent, a hot riverside lunch, all safety equipment and wetsuits. After the trip, we celebrate the day with an ice cold beverage. The first round is on us!
- 8:30 am – Meet & greet plus safety briefing
- 9:00 am – Begin rafting on the Magnetawan
- 2:30 pm – Take out and transport back to your vehicles at put-in
Note: Trip timing may vary depending on water levels
- 1 descent down the Magnetawan River
- Hot riverside lunch
- All safety equipment
- Includes wetsuits, drysuits available for rent $40.00
- 14 ft. self-bailing rafts
- Internationally certified guides
- Local transportation
- Complimentary après rafting beverage
For local accommodation in Magnetawan, we recommend the Quiet Bay Log Motel.
What to Bring
All your mandatory safety equipment is provided for you. Therefore, all you need to bring with you are some personal items to help make your day even more enjoyable. We recommend that you bring a pair of shoes to wear on the river (they will get wet!). As you will be joining us during the early spring, we highly recommend that you also bring an extra fleece or wool sweater, long johns, fleece socks and running shoes (versus sandals) for extra thermal layering under your wetsuit.